Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Does it really matter?

"There are three things that will endure--faith, hope, and love--and the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13.

In this day and age there are so many things one could be worried about, so many ways to spend your time. It can all be very overwhelming, but this verse simplifies things for me.

What am I supposed to be doing each day?

Sharing and growing my faith, providing hope to those around me, and loving others.


Those are the things that will last, the things that will matter in the end.

Find more Thankful Thursday here and Thursday Thirteen here.

10 comments:

  1. So true. A life without love is a life without meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly,I woke up stressed this morning with a todo list a mile long.

    I told myself I was not going to stress about what had to get done and just show my kids that I cared about them and hung on tight when the going got rough later on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you Bonnie! I have been trying to not stress over the list too.

    So simple, yet so right on! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Loving God and others is the most important thing of all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good point! This is important to remember. Have a lovely day. :)
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an ingenious way to do Thursday Thirteen.

    A hymn version of this was sung at my wedding, so I'm always partial to it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!