Monday, September 28, 2009

Monkey Mayhem

It is time to join back up with Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

When we went to Parent's Night at my 1st grader's school a few weeks ago, his teacher talked about things they'd do this year and she mentioned a "Good Manners Monkey" that would go home each night with a child that displayed particularly good manners that day. Considering my 6 year old uses his shirt as a napkin and a Kleenex, often has to be reminded to flush, and thinks it is hilarious to talk about underwear, my husband and I quickly agreed we'd never see the "Good Manners Monkey". So there is NO WAY this actually came home to spend the night last Tuesday!We enjoyed having you Good Manners Monkey and do NOT hope to see you again soon!

Speaking of stuffed animals, my 4 year old daughter has NOT been digging out all her dirtiest, rattiest stuffed animals to showcase to her class during show-and-tell. I have NOT had to often suppress the urge to micromanage her show-and-tells and suggest that she take something a little more presentable!

I did NOT walk into my toddler's room after his naptime yesterday and find this scene! He did NOT use that ride-on red car as a step stool and get diapers, lotion, and powder down from the top drawer of the dresser!

I did NOT just find myself saying to one of my children, "Are you putting your fingers in your ears while I am talking to you?"

Happy Monday Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. That is very cute! I can totally relate to the shirt as kleenex. Have a blessed day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont you just love when kids want to show off things that you want to hide from the world ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good manners monkey...what a neat idea! Love the powder all over the room pic, too--been there, too.LOL

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!