Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Limited Number of Hangers

I organized my closet this past weekend and what really helped the process were the nice hangers I'd bought recently.

Wood hangers for tops, chrome pants hangers, and chrome skirt hangers.



But here is the catch, because the hangers are not cheap (although the wood hangers are from Ikea so they were very affordable!) I didn't buy a ton of them. So as I was cleaning out it inspired me to get rid of things because I wanted all my clothes to fit on the nice, attractive hangers, rather than having overflow onto plastic or wire ones. I got rid of more stuff than I ever have before during a closet cleaning session!

And I think the hangers will help me follow the "one in one out" rule (you know if I buy a new shirt, I need to get rid of an old one), because I'll have to free up a hanger for the new clothing item!

Find more Works for Me Wednesday here.

9 comments:

  1. Love the picture! I made the switch to wooden hangers and I love them. If I run out of them, that means something has to go. We're on the same track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip. I'm very OCD about how my closet is organized. Right now we have way too many hangers. It just hasn't been an issue since we also have a large closet. That'll be changing when we move though. I think I'm going to really miss my walk in closet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip. I've been trying to slowly get all of my hangars changed over to be the heavy-duty white plastic ones, rather than the current assortment of wire/ store hangars/ random color plastic that we have. Your wooden ones look even nicer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tip! That is the first thing I thought... I would have to buy too many. I certainly could afford to get rid of some clothes though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My what a lovely closet you have.
    The better to dress yourself I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Popping in from WFMW. The one-in-one-out theory works for me with my fancy, matching wooden hangers. My husband, on the other hand, could care less about things matching and will go rummaging in the kids' rooms for a hanger. No big surprise, though. The man still has t-shirts, socks and underwear from 25 years ago that he refuses to part with. =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a SUPER idea!! I actually feel motivated to go organize my closet, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always do a big clean out of all the closets and drawers in the fall and spring. I love to look in and see everything paired up, grouped together and looking so organized... it might be a little bit of a sickness but it has to be better than drinking or drugs, right???

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!