Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Our Favorite Kid Games

We love playing games with our kids and with Christmas shopping season just around the corner, I thought it might be helpful to share some of our family favorites with you! Keep in mind my kids are 6, 4, and 2 years old so we are not into the really big kid games yet.

I am not going to technically list Candyland and Chutes and Ladders because I think everyone probably knows about those. Also, I have an issue with the Candyland and Chutes and Ladders. Although I do think every kid should play them and I like to play them with my kids for nostalgia sake, unless you cheat by stacking the deck or stealthily moving the spinner needle (which I would NEVER do), the games have the potential to last way beyond even my 30-something year old attention span! You know all the getting sent back to the gingerbread man or down the big slide can make the game last, well, forever!

Anyway, moving on. Some of our very favorite little kid games:

What games do you like to play with your kids?

Find more Works For Me Wednesday here.

2 comments:

  1. My family loves board games, but all too often we get restless and end up running around the house or playing air guitar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMZ87jYhiGk) . Uno is probably the best at keeping our attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Click my name for a whole article on this subject! I particularly recommend Aquarius, which was just released in a new edition with special preschooler rules. I have never met a kid 4-10 years old who wasn't eager to try Aquarius; the art is so appealing.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!