Sunday, September 20, 2009

His Agenda

I am taking a bit of a blogging break due to my mom's hospitalization, so I'm republishing this post from Feb. 16, 2009. I need this reminder right now while things seem so hard, to trust Him for each day's portion, and strive to give up my agenda for His.

I always feel behind. I am constantly thinking how I can get more time. Several months ago I wrote out how much time per day I'd ideally spend on every activity (preparing meals, dressing kids, housework, exercise, playing with kids, time with husband, quiet time, volunteer work, errands, sleep, taking kids to school and activities, etc., etc.) and added it all up.

The result = 27 hrs. and 30 min.!

That is how much time I need in a day to live up to my own standards! Needless to say, it takes a lot of God for me not to constantly feel like I am failing, because I am in some area all the time! If you are going to squeeze 27 hours and 30 minutes worth of stuff into 24 hours, something, or rather several somethings are going to suffer and all the things on my list are important, necessary things (there is no Oprah, no Days of our Lives, not even a daily hair washing)!

Exodus 16: 4, “Then the Lord said to Moses, 'Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a day’s portion every day, that I may test them, whether or not they will walk in My instruction.'”

Gather a day’s portion every day! That is what I should be doing, not just to sustain life for that very day, but in obedience to God, to walk in His instruction!

Each day should be about what God has for me to do, learn, accomplish, and be for Him! It is not about my agenda! And thank God for that because my agenda is unattainable!

The Bible says in 2 Cor. 3:5-6 that God knows I am inadequate, but my adequacy comes from Him. I pray I will more fully give my agenda to Him each day and spend the 24 hours He gives me in service and obedience to Him. Oh, that He may some day say, “Well done good and faithful servant . . .” Matt. 25:23.

5 comments:

  1. What a blessing to hear today. I certainly needed to hear it! I am praying for you and your family during this trying time. Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for your mom and your family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and your family now. I love your posts; they are usually short and really hit the point. Thanks for this reminder too; I needed it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great reminder. Prayers going up for your mom and your family!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!