Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thanksgiving!

I will be taking a bloggy break for the next 10 days or so to focus fully on my family over the Thanksgiving holiday. But since I fear someone may miss their regular dose of chaos, I've scheduled some old blog posts from my "What It Is Like" series to republish for your viewing pleasure next week.

I wish you a wonderful, happy, blessed Thanksgiving! My Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred video and I will be waiting for you here when it is all over!

I leave you with 7 Thanksgiving quotes:
"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, 'thank you,' that would suffice."
Meister Eckhart

"A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all the other virtues."
~Cicero

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."
~Theodore Roosevelt

"Some people complain because God put thorns on roses,
while others praise Him for putting roses among thorns."
Anonymous

"You say, 'If I had a little more, I should be very satisfied.' You make a mistake. If you are not content with what you have, you would not be satisfied if it were doubled."
Charles Haddon Spurgeon

"In everything give thanks for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thess 5:18

"Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise; be thankful unto him,
and bless his name. For the Lord is good..."
Psalm 100:4, 5a

Find more Finer Things Friday at The Finer Things in Life, 7 Quick Takes Friday at Conversion Diary.

6 comments:

  1. Loved the quotes. Happy Thanksgving to you and your family. Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a Wonderful break and enjoy that beautiful family! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great Thanksgiving quotes. Jillian and I will meet you bright and early Monday morning, November 30. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT!!! post. I love the one about the thrones and roses.
    THANKS!!! for sharing.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and thank you, friend, for your loving support through my recent events. Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've so loved those re-posts. I try to block a lot of those early crazy day memories out:), but somehow they make up the best of who we are . Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!