Monday, April 19, 2010

Light Reading

There is always light at the end of tunnel, how often have we heard that?

When my husband and I were in Hawaii last May for our 10 year wedding anniversary we explored this cave that led to the ocean.

A tunnel of darkness ending at the brilliant, beautiful, majestic, glory of the clear, blue ocean.

The brightness of the water exaggerated by the black that preceded it.

I began this post feeling as if I related to being in the darkness of the tunnel, but having confidence that there would be light. I'm dealing with some tough stuff this week, relating to this, but facing it head-on as my mom is staying with us until Friday while her husband is out of town. It's hard, on so many different levels it's hard.

But as I looked up the following verses to go with this post,
"For God, who said, 'Light shall shine out of darkness,' is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ." 2 Cor. 4:6

"And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it." John 1:5

"And men loved the darkness rather than the light," John 3:19

"God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all." 1 John 1:5

"You yourself are a guide to the blind, a light to those who are in darkness," Rom. 2:19

I realized I'm not in the darkness at all. Because I have Jesus I am in the light.

So how is it that things are sometimes hard here in the light?
"For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison," 2 Cor. 4:17

This post is part of the Moms' 30-Minute Blog Challenge.
Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!
Find more Tuesdays Unwrapped

9 comments:

  1. My prayers are with you and your mom as you are dealing with this. My dad is in the early stages of dementia, and has a multitude of serious health problems. Part of me wants to run away from all of it; I've got two kids that need me and my own health problems to deal with. I have been angry that this is on my plate, with a brother who refuses to be much help. I have been so sad that this is happening to a man who was just recently so active and vibrant that no one believed he was almost 80. I am still on an emotional roller coaster, and I still don't know how we're going to get through it, but I'm trying to find the light. Looking for the light seems better than wallowing in the darkness, so I'm trying.

    Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for you and your mother this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You yourself are a guide to the blind, a light to those who are in darkness," Rom. 2:19

    I needed to read this verse today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even in our darkest times, we can encourage others. Thank you for sharing your heart and God's Word with us today. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your heart!

    I am also an adoptive mama, a bio mama, and now recently a foster mama! God has changed my life through our adoption/foster journies! He is amazing!!

    Saying a prayer for you as your wait on your sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes in the darkness you just cling to the knowledge that there will be light. And sometimes, even in the light, all you can do is cling to the knowledge that the Light Giver is still at work. But that's okay. There's good in the clinging. Hold fast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There can no darkness be even with a small light. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We grow in those dark times. But we're not really in darkness when Christ is in us. He sees in the darkness. We rely on Him to take us through. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!