Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Dear Pottery Barn Kids, The world does not actually belong to Preston!

I will be the first one to admit that I like Pottery Barn Kids stuff.  We own several items bought from Pottery Barn Kids. But, as I was flipping through their recent catalog I stumbled on something so ridiculous I just had to share it with you:
In case it isn't clear, the wall art reads, "Dream Big Preston . . . The world is yours."


Can you think of any WORSE mantra to plaster onto the walls in your child's room?

I believe that one of the worst things we can do as parents (and a mistake many modern parents make) is to make our kids think they are the center of the world, that everything revolves around and caters to THEM!  So, to tell a kid every day in a 28 inch by 16 inch canvas on the wall in their room that the world is theirs is about 48 kinds of wrong to me.

And, what happens when precious Preston figures out the world is not actually his?

Because it's not, it's just not!

"The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man, nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:24-25

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Yes! But it's a sad statement that clearly a wall hanging like this is something PB feels would be profitable enough to offer...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!