Monday, February 16, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! In this blog carnival created by MckMama everyone has fun telling all the things they DID NOT do (but really did). You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week. Here are mine, or at least the ones I can think of while in the midst of Monday morning madness!

I DID NOT order over the internet this Star Wars Ventress costume to dress up in for my son’s Star Wars themed 6th birthday party. I DO NOT love my firstborn that much to put on such a hideous (an by the looks of it revealing) costume and become a bald scary woman! Oh, let’s hope a tank top underneath will provide enough modesty to pull this off!

I DID NOT carry my 20 month old son into my daughter's preschool wearing only a shirt and diaper with no pants, due to an unfortunate diaper incident while running errands and my lack of having a suitable extra set of clothes in the car, and by suitable I mean not one of his sister's dresses! I DID NOT actually seriously entertain the idea of dressing him in the dress!

I DID NOT buy all store bought Valentines for my kids’ classmates. I DID NOT remember last year where we did homemade Valentines and my kids were excited for the first couple and then I had to finish the other 23 after they’d gone to bed and I DID NOT attempt to make them look like they were created by a child! No, that would be deceptive!

I DID NOT, especially after posting this about how much I love reading to my kids, actually speed read my daughter’s favorite book, Pinkalicious, one day before her nap, because I was in such a hurry to get naptime started! My daughter DID NOT think all my super fast reading was funny and actually request it again.

I DID NOT, have to say to my 5 year-old at a restaurant, "Even if it tastes good, we still don't lick the table!"

So, your turn, what have you NOT been doing this past week!


1 comment:

  1. Cute Not Me's! I too did NOT buy store bought Valentines this year....and last year I did NOT manage to make homemade ones even though I had a VERY newborn baby....how did I DO that?!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!