Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween Hot Chocolate and Other Fall Fun

Usually in our part of the country it still feels like summertime for Halloween, but this year we had a very nice cold front and it actually feels like fall!

Which led to me inventing Halloween Hot Chocolate:
(Don't be too impressed, it's just regular hot chocolate with whipped cream and then orange and black sprinkles!)

My 7 year old even got to wear her cute, new boots to her friend's birthday party on Saturday!

There was a soccer game with a need for long sleeves under the jersey!

And unrelated to fall but completely reflective of The Chaos, I told the little kids to pack any toys they wanted to take with them to their brother's soccer game.  The 5 year old came down with a suitcase!  We were running late, so I just shrugged my shoulders and let him load it in the car.  But, I had to giggle at the crazy as he rolled it across the field!


There was pumpkin carving complete with a lot of pumpkin goo.

And Little Girl doing her best imitation of the new jack-o-lantern:


I'm loving all the fall fun, and even was inspired (okay, forced because nobody had anything to wear that wasn't too short), to unpack the winter clothes into the kid closets and figure out what fit which child and who needed some new stuff.  BUT, I'm not entirely packing away the shorts yet, it's supposed to be back in the mid-80s here by the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!