Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Remembering Names

Having 4 kids in 4 different school classrooms and a variety of activities in addition to going to church and a weekday Bible Study myself, means I meet a lot of moms.  The problem is I have trouble remembering names and keeping people straight, sometimes I'll see a mom somewhere and I know I know her, but I'm not sure from where.  Or worse, I know exactly where I know her from, remember visiting with her for an entire hour of a child's practice, but now a week later I can't remember her name!

Really, I should have started this LONG ago, most of you probably already do this.  But, somehow last week after meeting a mom a my oldest child's swim practice, I entered her name into the "Notes" app. on my phone and even the name of her son who is in the same swim group as my son and her daughter who is the same age as my older daughter.  Then this week as I was driving to practice, I thought of her and knew I'd see her, but I couldn't remember her name!  I could think of her little girl's name, but not her son's.  Then I remembered I'd made a note in my phone, and my today self really thanked my week ago self!  It was a gift opening that note and then being able to greet her by name when I saw her!


Now I just have to keep remembering to enter those names in my phone when I meet someone new!

What works for you?


Find more Works for Me Wednesday here.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great idea! I have a hard time remembering names as well, but do not have an excuse of four children. I always say..."I am having a blonde moment and your name escapes me".

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!